Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Frozen Peanut Butter Banana Dog Treats

About six months ago, I came across a recipe on Pinterest for Frozen Peanut Butter Banana Dog Treats. I recently stumbled across the recipe on my Pinterest board and decided to finally give it a try. I tweaked a couple things from the original recipe, including cutting the quantities in half to make a smaller batch, and here's what I ended up with.

Ingredients

9 oz. plain lowfat yogurt (this equals just over one cup)
2 oz. banana baby food (half the jar)
1/4 cup low sodium peanut butter
1/2 tbsp honey



Directions

Mix all ingredients in a small mixing bowl. I found that using a handheld electric mixer created a nice, creamy consistency. 




While the original recipe recommended using Dixie cups, I simplified the process by spooning the batter into an ice cube tray. I froze the tray over night and the next afternoon, I was able to pop a couple of the treats out for the dogs! The ice cube size is perfect for a small yet tasty treat!



Both my dogs loved the frozen treats (they also loved eating the leftover batter too)! If you're worried about a mess with the treats melting (like I was), just feed the dogs the treats outside. 




No comments:

Post a Comment